BECAUSE WE VALUE A LOCAL FOOD SYSTEM, WE SUPPORT
- Local farmers and their commitment to sustainable stewardship of food producing lands.
- Policies, programs and infrastructure to ensure that locally grown food is available in the future.
- Land use policies that protect food producing lands.
- Policies to increase procurement of locally grown food where people live, learn, work, and play.
- Increased understanding of the challenges involved in producing food locally.
- Opportunities that connect people to the land and farmers to the people.
- Access to wild foods obtained by fishing, hunting and gathering.
*Farm: In the Food Charter, references to “farm” includes land and water farming along with gleaning, foraging, harvesting, and all types of growing.
Visit Local Food Peterborough, your community guide to local good throughout the Peterborough Region.
Learn about local food and meet local farmers and harvesters though these short videos
Return to the Food Charter animated map