BECAUSE WE VALUE HEALTH, WE SUPPORT
- Strategies that ensure all residents, at all times, have physical and economic access to nutritious, safe, personally and culturally appropriate foods.
- Public policy that recognizes food’s contribution to physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional well-being.
- Communities and neighbourhoods that encourage and build adequate transportation links to make healthy food accessible to all, including pedestrians and cyclists.
- Baby Friendly™* policies that protect, promote, and support breastfeeding and the importance of breastmilk as a first food.
- Nutrition education and healthy food choices where our residents live, learn, work and play.
*Baby Friendly™: The Baby-Friendly Initiative is a UNICEF and World Health Organization accreditation which aims to promote and protect child health through optimal infant feeding practices including protecting, promoting, and supporting breastfeeding, and adherence to the International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes.
- Healthy Food Environments
Return to the Food Charter animated map