World Food Day 2021 Report: Food in Peterborough after COVID-19
On World Food Day 2021, the Peterborough Food Action Network released a report on food security during COVID-19, and how Peterborough can move towards a better “normal” beyond the pandemic.
Learn more and make change happen:
- Attend Hungry for Income: A 7-week series that will transform your understanding of food insecurity. For information or to register, go to nourishproject.ca/hungry-income. The next series runs on Mondays at 6:30 p.m., starting on November 8, 2021.
- Visit ODPH.ca/centsless for ideas to connect with your MPP about solutions to food insecurity:
- Peterborough-Kawartha: Dave Smith
- Northumberland-Peterborough South: David Piccini
- Haliburton-Kawartha Lakes-Brock: Laurie Scott
- Visit localfoodpeterborough.ca to learn about and support local food systems (hosted by the Peterborough Alliance for Food and Farming).
- Connect with Food for Kids at foodforkidsptbo.ca. Their school food box program promotes healthy local food in our community.
- Join Joshna Maharaj, chef, author and activist, for a public lecture in November, on rebuilding our food systems after the pandemic. See the Lady Eaton College events page for details.
- Learn more about the Peterborough Food Action Network.